One year – and what I have learnt.
Well my website and blog is one years old. It is the first time I have a blog and here are some things I have learnt and some exciting things that have happened in this one year.
I will start off with the most exciting things that have happened this year for me and my photography business. In May 2015 I went to New York and New Jersey to do a photography workshop with Sandra Bianco and Meg Bitton These are two of the most awesome photographers that I have been watching for years. The fact that they were both there – is beyond words.
You bet, you will hear more about this at a later stage though. Be sure to go have a look at their websites and then maybe you will understand why this is such a big deal for me personally and for my business. Oh and I hope to get some new dresses in New York for kids for using in our styling photo shoots.
So here I am now, one year on and with all good things there were also really frustrating things. So these are some of my highlights good and bad.
- Learning to use a website and blog together with SEO – not easy, actually really frustrating!
- In December 2014 my website was hacked (why do people have to do this!)
- Blogging takes more time than I thought it would.
- My first You tube video how to make a tulle skirt got more hits than I ever imagined possible and grows daily. I did this in August and have had 8772 views so far.
- I hope to get more awesome clients this next year.
- And I have to redo my website very soon.
I believe there is always place for improvement and continue to educate myself daily as there is so, so much to learn, but my highlights in educating myself this year was with posing and editing.
Thank you to Jackie Jean Photography for choosing one of my images as your top 10 for the week. I am honoured to have been chosen by someone so talented. Jackie has almost 70 000 likes on her facebook page!
Posing and editing
I have done every online workshops in which Sue Bryce teaches and learnt more from her than anywhere else. Her courses are mostly 3 days, and one of them is 28 days.
I have done online editing courses with:
Meg Bitton, Jake Olsen, Lisa Holloway, Sandra Bianco and Jackie Jean, and So I am happy that I am learning from some of the best photographers in the industry.
Things I really need to work on this year
- Blogging – I know I am so bad at this! Writing is not my forte.
- Getting more active on facebook.
- In short I really need to work on all social media.
I try keep my blog a little interesting with some DIY’s, so clients can make their photo shoots unique with some styling. Every now and then I will post a personal blog and create some free printables.
Oh and my favourite image of the year…..this one.
Everything about this image I love! Wish I could get that dress, but it is over R6000.00
I cant wait for my next one year…
Thank you to each and every client that has booked me so far, and I can’t wait to meet more clients.
I must say I am truly blessed to have a job that I love with every part of me.